Company Law Matters Services: Companies are governed in India by Companies Act, 1956. Every company is required to register themselves with the Registrar of Companies(ROC) and file the necessary documents for various statutory requirements.
Types of companies: Normally companies are limited by liability and the shareholders are liable up to the unpaid value of their shares.
Private Limited Company – maximum number of members are 50 and prohibits any invitation to the public to subscribe any shares or debentures, restrict the right to transfer its shares. Public Limited Company- invite public to subscribe shares or debentures and any number of members or other than private limited companies.
Provides following services in respect of companies:
- Formation of Private/Public limited company.
- Drafting of memorandum and article of association of companies.
- Conversion of a private company into a public company and public Ltd. into a private Ltd.
- Changing the name of company.
- Change of registered office.
- Alteration of main objects of the company.
- Inclusion of new business in the memorandum of the company.
- Statutory meeting and statutory report.
- Appointment of directors and their remuneration.
- Holding and subsidiary company.
- Inter corporate investments.
- Amalgamation, merger and acquisition of companies.
- Payment of dividend by companies.
- Foreign companies.
- Buy back of shares.